Re: Using TEMP columns when the object is already in memory

From: Charles Bailey
Subject: Re: Using TEMP columns when the object is already in memory
Date: 18:36 on 12 May 2004
--On Wednesday, May 12, 2004 6:35 PM +0100 Mark Hughes <mark@xxxx.xxx>
wrote:
> The patch works fine with my test. As you mention though, I can see
> someone getting bitten by losing any unsaved data in the original object
> in memory.
>
> I'm not sure what the expected behaviour should be, maybe to return the
> object from the index only if the data is the same ?

There's also the larger question of why someone's calling _init() when the
object already exists.  Prior to 0.96, they'd get an entirely new object
this way, and the two (or more) copies would "compete" for the DB row.

--
Regards,
Charles Bailey  < bailey _at_ newman _dot_ upenn _dot_ edu >

Re: Using TEMP columns when the object is already in memory
Charles Bailey 18:36 on 12 May 2004