Re: editable VIEWs ?

From: Randall Lucas
Subject: Re: editable VIEWs ?
Date: 14:43 on 07 Jun 2004
I have successfully had CDBI and Maypole treat a view as a table for
read purposes, and it works just fine.  I did have to manually set up
the CDBI class rather than use the Loader, I believe.

In my app, though, the entities mapped to tables just fine and the view
was only for reporting, so I never had cause to update -- plus, I'm not
aware of an OSS DB that has editable views, so I haven't tested that.

Randall

raptor@xxxxxx.xxx wrote:

> is there a easy way to create cdbi class that do not represent a single table,
> but a JOIN. Then to be able to do search/add/edit operations on it ?
>
> Then if there is no easy way, what is the hard way.. if possible at all..
>
> (we are talking for DB's that doesnt support editable views)
>
> tia
>
> PS. as we are on this topic, the sql-views is viewed by cdbi as normal
> tables isn't it ?

editable VIEWs ?
"raptor 10:51 on 07 Jun 2004

Re: editable VIEWs ?