Re: retrieving only specified fields ?

From: Simon Cozens
Subject: Re: retrieving only specified fields ?
Date: 15:24 on 17 Jun 2004
colm-cdbi@xxxxxxxxx.xx.xx:
> Can I ask why you can't just disregard the fields you don't want?
> Surely the overheads associated with getting them and not using them are minimal?

Maybe if some of the columns are big heavy BLOBs...

raptor: See the section on "LAZY POPULATION" in the documentation; this
explains how to specify which columns will be pre-loaded and which fetched on
demand.

        --
        "Jesus ate my mouse" or some similar banality.
        -- Megahal (trained on asr), 1998-11-06

retrieving only specified fields ?
"raptor 11:45 on 17 Jun 2004

Re: retrieving only specified fields ?