Deletion errors - can't bind a reference (PostgreSQL)

From: William McKee
Subject: Deletion errors - can't bind a reference (PostgreSQL)
Date: 21:54 on 18 Jun 2004
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on the list has seen the following error
message ('users' is my table, 'tester' is the value of a column):

  users/testerCan't delete users/tester: Can't bind a reference
  (QT::DBI::Users=HASH(0xa099984)) at
  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm line 53.

It appears to be PostgreSQL-specific since the error message that I
receive is in the Pg.so XS file. I have written tests that, so far, have
not repeated the problem when using DBI directly or when using simpler
CDBI classes. I suspect that my triggers are triggering other triggers
when I do the delete and somehow bad data is being passed to Pg. So far,
the errors appear to be random which makes debugging even worse.

I'd appreciate any pointers or tips for tracking down my bug.

Cheers,
William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

Deletion errors - can't bind a reference (PostgreSQL)
William McKee 21:54 on 18 Jun 2004