Class::DBI::column_type vs. Class::DBI::FromCGI

From: Yuval Kogman
Subject: Class::DBI::column_type vs. Class::DBI::FromCGI
Date: 08:55 on 20 Jun 2004
--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

Hi,

Class::DBI::FromCGI has the ability to auto untaint, when column_type
returns something it groks.

Unfortunately Class::DBI also defines a "column_type". But it's
depracated.

If i get CDBI::FromCGI to use 'Class::DBI::mysql::column_type' as the
method, it works, but that's just plain silly. I'd much rather have CDBI
not mask off the method call.

Since it's been deprecated since 0.90, I reckon it would still be a
while until it's removed, right? OTOH 2 years is a long time.

I couldn't find documentation for column_type before 0.90, so I assume
it was just a way of declaring inflation, by the smell of it alone.

In any case, the auto-untainting is very suitable for my web app, but
I'm not enjoying it (properly). What should I do?

--=20
 ()  Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@xxxxxxxx.xxx> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me climbs a brick wall with his fingers: neeyah!

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN

--J/dobhs11T7y2rNN--

Class::DBI::column_type vs. Class::DBI::FromCGI
Yuval Kogman 08:55 on 20 Jun 2004