Re: setting up relationships

From: steve shapero
Subject: Re: setting up relationships
Date: 06:34 on 22 Jun 2004
Yuval--

I've studied your email several times now and messed around with my
code to try out my understanding.  i finally get what this moniker
business is all about.  note to documentation writers: it is implied
(if i am finally actually getting a clue here) that you have named
columns in your database according to this rubric.  or rather, the wise
man will name his columns according to this rubric.  the foolish man
will insist on confusion by using whatever naming convention his old
russian app developer taught him as a young man.

to me, it is rather profound that there is some english language
interpolation going on based on how you name things.  call me slow but
this is in no way obvious from the documentation and ends up being
really confusing to those of us who insist on doing everything the hard
way (i.e. their own way).  i couldn't see the logic behind the naming
conventions that were being used. but i could tell i was missing
something interesting that was going on.

anyway i am now going to make a new schema and rename everything in
this manner and see what i come up with.  one day i hope to actually
use all of this for maypole...

in the meantime i will work on documenting a step-by-step recipe for
newbies trying to learn this world of Class::DBI.

thanks
steve

(message missing)

setting up relationships