Re: retrieve() hits db even if obj present in %Live_Objects.

From: Takes Tea at Half Past Three
Subject: Re: retrieve() hits db even if obj present in %Live_Objects.
Date: 21:40 on 24 Jun 2004
>Talking about CDBI in the regular, non-serializing sense, here: I'd
>think you'd rather store the flat ids as foreign-key attributes
>rather than the inflated objects, anyway. You've got the object
>cache, now, so why not use it? It might be a cleaner implementation
>always to dip into the cache for id-based lookups; always to
>retrieve(), in fact.

This is an interesting idea, but I don't think it works well with the
weak references in the current object cache. If only the id is
stored, rather than a reference to the object, what holds the object
in the live objects hash?

        --
        Aneel Nazareth -- http://eye-of-newt.com/nazareth --

Re: retrieve() hits db even if obj present in %Live_Objects.
Takes Tea at Half Past Three 21:40 on 24 Jun 2004