Maypole Dies when Triggered by Class::DBI Constraints

From: Robert James Kaes
Subject: Maypole Dies when Triggered by Class::DBI Constraints
Date: 18:05 on 28 Jun 2004
Hi All,

While developing a Maypole application I've come across a problem I
_believe_ is in Class::DBI::FromCGI, but it might be in Class::DBI, or
even Maypole itself.

My model (Class::DBI derived classes) have constraints added to some of
the columns.  The Class::DBI::FromCGI module correctly handles any
fields listed in the untaint_columns() method, but it's dying whenever
a constraint fails.

The question I have is where should the logic to handle this failure
be placed?  Should it be in Class::DBI::FromCGI so that it populates
the cgi_update_errors variable, or should it be in
Maypole::Model::CDBI's do_edit method?

If code examples are required, please let me know.  Class::DBI and
Maypole have been working great for me, but I would dearly love to
have this situation resolved.  Thanks.
        -- Robert

        --
            Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
		 http://www.flarenet.com/consulting/

Maypole Dies when Triggered by Class::DBI Constraints
Robert James Kaes 18:05 on 28 Jun 2004