Re: Select for update

From: Edward J. Sabol
Subject: Re: Select for update
Date: 15:11 on 19 Jul 2004
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> I'm wary of anything that uses sub refs since I had problems with
> accidental closures and unexpected return() behavior when using the
> Error module.

You're right to be wary, but I think I fully address (and, IMHO, solve) the
accidental closure problem at the aformentioned Wiki page.

> In my opinion, the simplest thing by far is to simply
> not turn on AutoCommit when using a database with transactions. Then
> there's no need to do acrobatics just to turn it off for a section.

I agree totally. I always keep AutoCommit turned off; however, one still has
to commit the transaction, check for errors, and rollback the transaction and
croak if there are any errors. I think do_transaction() is still the best way
of handling all of those auxiliary tasks in a reusable manner.

Select for update
Ian McDonald-ONLINE 13:15 on 19 Jul 2004

Re: Select for update
jason scott gessner 13:27 on 19 Jul 2004

Re: Select for update
Edward J. Sabol 14:16 on 19 Jul 2004

Re: Select for update
Perrin Harkins 14:22 on 19 Jul 2004

Re: Select for update
Edward J. Sabol 15:11 on 19 Jul 2004

RE: Select for update
Ian McDonald-ONLINE 16:08 on 19 Jul 2004

RE: Select for update
Perrin Harkins 16:55 on 19 Jul 2004