Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'

From: Peter Pimley
Subject: Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Date: 14:53 on 20 Jul 2004
Charles Bailey wrote:

> Unless you want to rearrange the Location object somehow, you
> shouldn't need a separate trigger.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Rearranging the Location object is exactly what I want to do :)

What I want to do (and this is a bit nasty) is to immediately bless the
object into a subclass of Location.  Location is actually an abstract
class.  Exactly which subclass I want to bless it to is stored as a
column of the table.  Unpleasant I admit, but I couldn't find anything
online to recommend a nicer way of doing this sort of thing.

I have something else to do for the next 90 minutes, but I'll post some
example code as soon as I can.

Peter Pimley

(message missing)

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Peter Pimley 14:17 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Charles Bailey 14:42 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Peter Pimley 14:53 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Charles Bailey 15:22 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Charles Bailey 15:30 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Peter Pimley 15:37 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Charles Bailey 15:47 on 20 Jul 2004

Re: A trigger called when following a 'has_a'
Peter Pimley 10:32 on 21 Jul 2004

A trigger called when following a 'has_a' (again)
Peter Pimley 13:41 on 22 Jul 2004