Re: Extending Class::DBI's search abilities

From: Jack Challen
Subject: Re: Extending Class::DBI's search abilities
Date: 09:27 on 26 Jul 2004
[email address altered to return to list]

colm-cdbi@xxxxxxxxx.xx.xx wrote:
>>I'm trying to make Class::DBI's searches a little more powerful (I want to
>>add regex-based searches with MySQL, and also to allow multiple
>>constraints on the same column - e.g. "Find me all foo where bar > 3 and
>>bar < 5").
>
> Have you tried Class::DBI::AbstractSearch?

Nope, I wasn't aware of its existence. I'll have a look - cheers.

>>Anyway, where does the sql_Retrieve method get defined? I've grep'd my
>>tree of installed Perl modules, and I can't see it anywhere.
>>I'm not quite sure what it does, and therefore whether I need to use it.
>
> Its auto-generated.  It gets defined in Class::DBI like this :
>
> __PACKAGE__->set_sql(Retrieve => <<'');
> SELECT __ESSENTIAL__
> FROM   __TABLE__
> WHERE  %s

Thanks, if I decide to roll my own (probably won't now), then I'll take a
look.

Extending Class::DBI's search abilities
Jack Challen 08:58 on 26 Jul 2004

Re: Extending Class::DBI's search abilities
colm-cdbi 09:12 on 26 Jul 2004

Re: Extending Class::DBI's search abilities
Jack Challen 09:27 on 26 Jul 2004

Re: Extending Class::DBI's search abilities
Tony Bowden 10:29 on 26 Jul 2004

Re: Extending Class::DBI's search abilities
Gabriel Horner 18:13 on 26 Jul 2004