Re: [CDBI] Subroutine redefined

From: Drew Taylor
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Subroutine redefined
Date: 18:12 on 03 Sep 2004
On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:56:04 -0400, Sean Quinlan <seanq@xxxxxx.xx.xxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 12:26, Dave Cash wrote:
> > Then you can get to a reviewer's duties like this:
> >
> >   $applicant->Reviewer1->Duties
> >
> > which I think is what you meant.
>
> Dave,
>         Indeed that is the functionality I'm aiming for, thanks! I was trying
> to follow the documentation which doesn't seem to indicate that the
> column args are optional.

Have you tried just using a has_a relationship? If all you want is to
be able to define a column as a foreign key and then be able to call
the methods of that foreign class you want has_a. might_have allows
object 1 to be able to call object 2's methods w/o chaining (ie.
$obj->method_from_other_class instead of $obj->other_obj->method).

Drew
 Drew Taylor                 *  Web development & consulting
 Email: drew@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx  *  Site implementation & hosting
 Web  : www.drewtaylor.com   *  perl/mod_perl/DBI/mysql/postgres

Subroutine redefined
Sean Quinlan 15:06 on 03 Sep 2004