Re: Hacking the object index

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Hacking the object index
Date: 15:53 on 16 Sep 2004
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 11:26, William McKee wrote:
> Yes, I did for the time being. However, my solution would require
> tweaking the CDBI on every system and for each new release. That's why I
> was asking if there were was a way to access that w/o my hack. I
> couldn't find a means of directly accessing the index using either of
> the following:
>
>     Dumper(\%Class::DBI::Live_Objects)
>     Dumper(\%MyDBI::Live_Objects)
>
> Both returned empty lists.

It's a closure variable, not a global.  I suppose it could be changed to
a global without really hurting anything.  Basically though, I consider
looking at the values in there as about on par with shoving warn
statements into the Class::DBI code to help debug something (which I
have been known to do), so my feeling is that as long as it isn't hard
to do, we don't need to add explicit support for it.

- Perrin

Hacking the object index
William McKee 21:32 on 15 Sep 2004

Re: Hacking the object index