CDBI::Loader and VIEWs

From: Paul Makepeace
Subject: CDBI::Loader and VIEWs
Date: 16:11 on 04 Oct 2004
Recently been using CDBI::Loader and was hoping to have it work with
VIEWs. The problem seems to be that it's unable to derive PKs from the
pg_catalog (which is reasonable since VIEWs don't have PKs :).

Has anyone come up with a workaround for this besides manually
specifying one's views? Perhaps a primary key map to pass into
CDBI::Loader (alongside e.g. namespace)? I've been toying around with
this solution but it's more involved than I had suspected.

**

BTW, is Class::DBI::Loader still being maintained? After a double-take
with different files having same version number it turns out a patch to
cope with MVPKs was sent back in May (and is in Debian now) but the
author hasn't applied it. http://use.perl.org/~Fletch/journal/18634

Paul

        --
        Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is my favorite sexual position? Only the Shadow knows."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/

CDBI::Loader and VIEWs
Paul Makepeace 16:11 on 04 Oct 2004

Re: CDBI::Loader and VIEWs