Class-DBI-Relationship-HasManyOrdered and Class::PINT

From: Aaron Trevena
Subject: Class-DBI-Relationship-HasManyOrdered and Class::PINT
Date: 16:42 on 05 Oct 2004
hi all,

I have finished the first release of
Class-DBI-Relationship-HasManyOrdered, it provides an ordered 'has many'
relationship, with appropriate accessors. Again it is experimental and
released early in the hope we can repeat the success of C::DBI::R::IsA.

It also allows you to have side-tables without having to muck about with
objects representing them, giving a much purer tangram style relationship,
no extra id column in the side table and no need to write extra joins and
methods to join a complex many to many relationship.

In the next week or two I hope to provide an equivilent HasManyUnordered
and HasManyKeyed based on the same principles.

Once that is done Class::PINT will be ready, bundling funky attributes,
more convenient and explicit accessors and the additional relationships
that have just been finished. It should provide an OOPF somewhere between
CDBI and Tangram, but with as many of the benefits of the first as
possible (and remaining backwards compatible) while being relatively easy
to port to from the latter (which is why I wrote it).

cheers,

A.

        --
        Aaron J Trevena - Perl Hacker, Kung Fu Geek, Internet Consultant
AutoDia --- Automatic UML and HTML Specifications from Perl, C++

Class-DBI-Relationship-HasManyOrdered and Class::PINT
Aaron Trevena 16:42 on 05 Oct 2004