Re: MySQL reserved words, redux

From: Jesse Sheidlower
Subject: Re: MySQL reserved words, redux
Date: 12:54 on 12 Oct 2004
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 10:51:11AM +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:

[backtick-quoting reserved words, or something like that...]

> Unfortunately there's no sensible way that I can think of for doing this
> with column names ATM.
>
> I suspect it's going to be at least a couple of versions before things
> are factored out in a sensible enough manner to make this easy. There
> may be a deep hack that I haven't thought off that would DWYW atm
> though...

Urgh. Well, OK. Perhaps I can figure out some way around this.
Come to think of it, the column in question isn't the most important
one in the database, so maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world if
I had to change the name.

Thanks.

Jesse

MySQL reserved words, redux