Re: Relationship::HasVariant

From: Ricardo SIGNES
Subject: Re: Relationship::HasVariant
Date: 23:52 on 12 Oct 2004
--FYef6pHvFBuPZp1D

* Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs-perl-cdbi@xxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx> [2004-10-12T19:46:50]
>  in artist: (100, 'Elvis Presley', 10000)
>  in artist_attributes:
>    (100, 'gender',    'M')
>    (100, 'haircolor', 'Brown')
>=20
> I'm using this for a system in which there are a few hundred attributes,
> and I'm constantly getting demands for more.  Any given object has five
> or six.
>=20
> Obviously, it's easy to just do has_many to get the list of attributes,
> but I want a number of them to be inflatables, and I can't (as far as I
> can tell) selectively has_a the columns without has_variant.

I should probably say one more thing, which is that were I to do the
above thing, I would then have:

 Music::Person::Attribute->has_variant(
   attr_value =3D> 'Attribute::Transformer,
   inflate =3D> 'inflate',
   deflate =3D> 'deflate'
 );

And A::T would intelligently inflate or deflate based on the object's
"attribute" attribute.

--=20
rjbs

--FYef6pHvFBuPZp1D