Class::DBI::Replication (MySQL) with 0.96?

From: Vince Veselosky
Subject: Class::DBI::Replication (MySQL) with 0.96?
Date: 02:56 on 14 Oct 2004
Hello Smart People!

It happens that I have to build a new project based on an existing
database infrastructure that uses MySQL replication. The system is
designed so that database writes should all go to the master MySQL
server, but reads should be done against slave servers (to save load on
the master).

I noticed that there is a Class::DBI::Replication module on CPAN, but
that it is quite old and had only one release. I was wondering if this
module might still work with the latest CDBI? Is anyone currently using
it? I don't mind hacking it a bit if I have to, but if it is a lost
cause, I would rather not waste the time.

Does anyone have some experience with such a setup? If so, how are you
handling the read vs write connections?

TIA,
Vince V.

Class::DBI::Replication (MySQL) with 0.96?
Vince Veselosky 02:56 on 14 Oct 2004

Re: Class::DBI::Replication (MySQL) with 0.96?
Perrin Harkins 16:55 on 15 Oct 2004