Re: improved error diagnostic for FromCGI->untaint_columns

From: Edward J. Sabol
Subject: Re: improved error diagnostic for FromCGI->untaint_columns
Date: 18:17 on 29 Oct 2004
> This is obviously not FromCGI's fault but it would have been much
> easier to diagnose my problem if I'd got an error when I passed
> obviously junk arguments to untaint_columns, because at least I wrote
> that call! Can I therefore suggest the following patch:

I think you'll find that most of the modules on CPAN don't check method
arguments like that. If they all did, the performance of everyone's
applications would degrade significantly. Rather, I suggest you add "-w" to
your perl command line or "use warnings;" in your programs. That will help
you catch programming errors like this by informing you of an "Odd number of
elements in hash assignment on line XXX."

Hope this helps,
Ed

Re: improved error diagnostic for FromCGI->untaint_columns
Edward J. Sabol 18:17 on 29 Oct 2004