Re: Not specifying 'Essential' columns means only Primary key is pulled on first select

From: Mark Hughes
Subject: Re: Not specifying 'Essential' columns means only Primary key is pulled on first select
Date: 12:27 on 17 Nov 2004
Cees Hek wrote:
> I have another question (or request) regarding this feature.  I won't
> ask why this change was made, as I'm sure there was a good reason.
> However, I wonder if there is a clean way to specify that you want the
> old behaviour?
>
> I use set_up_table quite a lot, but would rather that it default to
> setting all columns as Essential.  Would it be possible to add some
> extra options to set_up_table that allowed this?

Maybe you could override set_up_table in your base class? Something like:

sub set_up_table {
   my $self = shift;
   $self->SUPER::set_up_table(@_);
   $self->columns('Essential' => $self->columns('All'));
}

Re: Not specifying 'Essential' columns means only Primary key is pulled on first select
Mark Hughes 12:27 on 17 Nov 2004