Connection pooling in mod_perl

From: Alexander Christian Westholm
Subject: Connection pooling in mod_perl
Date: 18:45 on 22 Nov 2004
All,

	I'm writing a Mason based application that uses CDBI to talk to MySQL.
The app uses ithreads to perform several tasks in parallel, and uses
Apache::DBI for connection pooling. I am experiencing intermittent
omissions of output when running the code through the web, but get
consistent results from the command line. When Apache::DBI is not
loaded in the web server conf, the application runs consistently. As
such, I'm fairly convinced that it's some problem with Apache::DBI
running in mod_perl (2.0). Not sure what the exact issue is (perhaps
the Ima::DBI compatibility issue? perhaps a thread safety with
Apache::DBI?), but I'd very much like to deliver the app with
connection pooling. Are there any alternatives to Apache::DBI which are
more cooperative with Class::DBI? Thanks in advance.

	-- Alex

Connection pooling in mod_perl
Alexander Christian Westholm 18:45 on 22 Nov 2004

Re: Connection pooling in mod_perl
Perrin Harkins 18:53 on 22 Nov 2004

Re: Connection pooling in mod_perl
Tim Bunce 20:41 on 22 Nov 2004