Re: [Maypole] Re: Maypole responding to requests very slowly (or, how to get just one associated record instead of getting the world)

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: [Maypole] Re: Maypole responding to requests very slowly (or, how to get just one associated record instead of getting the world)
Date: 18:49 on 02 Dec 2004
--- Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxx.xxx.xx.xx> wrote:

> I wrote:
> > The first one is the classmetadata and I think you're both agreed that
> > it would be nice to have a means to turn it off. Somehow making it
> > evaluate lazily would be another option. Ironic perhaps, but turning it
> > into an object is my first thought :)
>
> 'It' is very ambiguous. 'It' was obviously late at night. 'It' is
> classmetadata.cgi :)
>
> Sorry, Dave

I was thinking in the view::base where "IT" is created of doing something like
this:

    . . .
    cgi => $r->template_args{classmetadata_cgi} || { $class->to_cgi }
    . . .

Then the model's sub can make them if it wants or set it to "1" to get none or
do nothing and get them.

=====
pjs

http://my.yahoo.com

Re: [Maypole] Re: Maypole responding to requests very slowly (or, how to get just one associated record instead of getting the world)
Peter Speltz 18:49 on 02 Dec 2004