Re: Simple newbie question on relationships

From: Tom Hukins
Subject: Re: Simple newbie question on relationships
Date: 11:21 on 03 Dec 2004
On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 12:58:48PM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:04 AM, Tom Hukins wrote:
> >You can either break the classes into separate files or declare
> >relationships after defining each package.
>
> I'm not sure that this makes a difference.

You're right.  It doesn't.

> >Above, you don't explicitly specify your primary columns (see "Declare
> >your columns" in Class::DBI's documentation).  Do you have a reason
> >for not doing this?
>
> I have a habit of making the first column in columns(ALL....) the
> column name for the primary key for the table

And that's a good habit.  As the docs say:
  If 'All' is given but not 'Primary' it will assume the first column
  in 'All' is the primary key

I apologise for writing such an awful reply.  I wonder what my brain
was up to yesterday.

Tom

Simple newbie question on relationships
Sean Davis 12:24 on 02 Dec 2004

Re: Simple newbie question on relationships
William Ross 13:48 on 02 Dec 2004

Re: Simple newbie question on relationships
Tom Hukins 16:04 on 02 Dec 2004

Re: Simple newbie question on relationships
Sean Davis 17:58 on 02 Dec 2004

Re: Simple newbie question on relationships
Tom Hukins 11:21 on 03 Dec 2004