Re: case sensitivity and searching

From: Josh Peterson
Subject: Re: case sensitivity and searching
Date: 15:38 on 06 Dec 2004
--- Tony Bowden <tony-cdbitalk@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> Does Oracle have a case insensitive search operator? If so you can
> write your own on-line method that calls it ...

In Oracle 10g, you can set up Oracle to query without case sensitivity:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:16370675423662
 If you're on an older version, as I am, you can use UPPER, as Sandra
planned, and set up function-based indexes to speed up the querying:

    CREATE INDEX mytable_I1 ON mytable(UPPER(mycolumn));

-Josh

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

case sensitivity and searching
Sandra Crowther 14:55 on 06 Dec 2004