Does CDBI require placeholder functionality in the DBD?

From: Andy
Subject: Does CDBI require placeholder functionality in the DBD?
Date: 16:59 on 10 Dec 2004
I'm trying to use CDBI with an SQL Server database.
Unfortunately, for a simple retrieve query, I'm
getting the error:

Panic: dynamic SQL (? placeholders) are not supported
by the server you are connecting to at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-linux-thread-multi/DBD/Sybase.pm
line 155.

I am aware that the Sybase driver for DBD does *not*
support placeholders. However, my query didn't use
placeholders. (See query below.)

Does CDBI use placeholders internally? Is there anyway
around this problem?

Here's my query:
my $obj = My::ThisDB::ThisTable->retrieve(1);
print $obj->ThisTableID;

ThisTable has the primary key ThisTableID. There also
exists an entry with ThisTableID equal to 1.

I'm pretty new to databases, so please forgive me if
this is a dumb question. I've searched the usual
sources (google, cpan, google groups).

Cheers,
Jao

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Does CDBI require placeholder functionality in the DBD?
Andy 16:59 on 10 Dec 2004