order of columns from columns()

From: Gabriel Horner
Subject: order of columns from columns()
Date: 20:49 on 12 Dec 2004
Hi,
   I have a module that depended on the order of Class::DBI's
columns('All') method. I know this is a nono so I'm wondering are there any modules that
provide a table's columns order via the same method for several common databases?
I'm aware of Class::DBI::$Database modules but they don't support such a method. If there
are no modules that currently do this then do the Class::DBI::$Database modules seem
appropriate for this?

This topic came up last February and it didn't seem like anyone wanted to keep column ordering.
Does anyone plan on implementing this in Class::DBI?
I'll do it myself if it's an acceptable addition. I'll have to look into the Class::DBI innards
some more. ;)

Good day,
Gabriel
        --