Re: Let me adjust my question (was: A strange problem I have...)

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: Let me adjust my question (was: A strange problem I have...)
Date: 21:42 on 16 Dec 2004
On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 03:12:38PM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> > It'd be nice to be able to extract the package name from the object
> > before undefining it
>
> I think ref($obj) covers it.

Yeah, I considered ref() but wasn't sure how I'd be able to use the
result. If I did something like the following:

  my $pkg = ref $object;
  $pkg->retrieve(@cols);

wouldn't it cause problems with use strict? Hmm, a simple test seems to
indicate otherwise.

> That's correct, it will be added to the index when it gets fetched
> again.

Which means that if you really wanted to create multiple instances of an
object, you'd need to remove it from the index after each retrieval.

William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

(message missing)

Re: Let me adjust my question (was: A strange problem I have...)
William McKee 21:42 on 16 Dec 2004