Re: [Fwd: Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor]

From: Matt S Trout
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor]
Date: 03:07 on 19 Dec 2004
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 09:49:26PM +0100, Max Maischein wrote:

> Please, if anyone actually considers using Module::Build, please,
> please, ALWAYS include either a passthrough Makefile.PL or a full
> Makefile.PL .
>
> Without a Makefile.PL, modules cannot be installed through CPAN.pm. See
> also http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=292164 , which details
> starting at http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=292192 how one should
> use Module::Build::Compat to generate a backwards compatbile Makefile.PL.

Seconded, thirded and fourthed.

If you want an example of a *really* simple Build.PL that still does this my
Class::XML is probably as good as anything else ...

        --
        Bring me my etherkiller; Oh clouds unfold! / Bring me the magic smoke of desire
I shall not cease from mental fight / Nor shall my LART rest in my hand

Re: [Fwd: Re: Class::DBI::Plugin::Pager installation failor]
Matt S Trout 03:07 on 19 Dec 2004