Re: Problem with _attribute_* methods

From: Tony Bowden
Subject: Re: Problem with _attribute_* methods
Date: 08:30 on 20 Dec 2004
On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 03:22:54AM -0500, Drew Taylor wrote:
> So at a minimum the requirement to use lower base column names needs
> to be documented.

It's sort of documented, in a very oblique way, in that one of the
default connection attributes is documented to be

               FetchHashKeyName   => 'NAME_lc',

It also says in the section on LOW-LEVEL DATA ACCESS that "the keys are
normalized column names (returned by find_column())".

So you probably want to be doing:
  $self->_attribute_set($self->find_column('Created') => now());

unless you already know how these are going to be normalized.

> I would also be happy to work out a patch that would
> also allow the use of the proper cased name if Tony would accept it.
> I'm mostly there, but haven't found all the corners yet.

I'm not sure what this would involve, and whether it would be a good
thing or not.

There are some outstanding issues for databases which aren't case
insensitive, but I think that needs resolved at a different level.

Tony

Problem with _attribute_* methods
Drew Taylor 08:22 on 20 Dec 2004

Re: Problem with _attribute_* methods