Re: Sharing connection across forked processes

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: Sharing connection across forked processes
Date: 18:30 on 22 Dec 2004
On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 10:55 -0500, Alexander Christian Westholm wrote:
> I assume I need to create the database handle myself per process,
> instead of allowing Ima::DBI to do the work... the docs are not
> terribly helpful on this matter: they make reference to writing my own
> db_Main method, but provide no example. Could someone illustrate this?

You're right, this should really be in the docs.  Here's an example:
http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl/teuthocrix/1098821949.2903.49.camel@xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm doing some tricks in there for better performance with mod_perl, but
you can skip those.  Just make sure you do the $db_options stuff.

>  Also, assuming I go that route, will CDBI itself use the db_Main
> method to generate its connections

Yes.

> will it simply be a method that I'll call to get a connection outside
> of Ima::DBI's cache?

You can call it directly if you need access to the database handle.
Otherwise, you will never need to touch it.

- Perrin

Sharing connection across forked processes
Alexander Christian Westholm 15:55 on 20 Dec 2004

Re: Sharing connection across forked processes
Perrin Harkins 18:30 on 22 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52