Class::DBI::Pager::mysql feedback request

From: Juan Camacho
Subject: Class::DBI::Pager::mysql feedback request
Date: 15:31 on 28 Dec 2004
I just created a Mysql specific pager class that I would appreciate
feedback on.  It is meant to only work with Mysql 4.0 and above,
mainly because I wanted to take advantage of 4.0's SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS
/ FOUND_ROWS functionality in order to minimize the amount of records
I retrieve from the database.

http://www.suspenda.com/Class-DBI-Pager-mysql-0.01.tar.gz

The general synopsis is:

  package CD;
  use base qw(Class::DBI);
  __PACKAGE__->set_db(...);

  use Class::DBI::Pager::mysql;    # just use it
  use Class::DBI::AbstractSearch;       # optional plugin
  use Class::DBI::Plugin::RetrieveAll ; # optional plugin

  # then, in client code!
  package main;

  use CD;
  my $pager = CD->mysql_pager(20, 1);     # ($items_per_page, $current_page)
  my $disks = $pager->retrieve_all;

P. S. I'm not sure what do about including a test.pl script with it.
It seems like most mysql specific modules I download and install
always fail because of permission problems.   If you know of a good
example I could imitate, let me know.

(message missing)

Class::DBI::Pager::mysql feedback request
Juan Camacho 15:31 on 28 Dec 2004

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52