Re: AsForm and accessor names

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Re: AsForm and accessor names
Date: 22:18 on 30 Dec 2004
--- Peter Speltz <peterspeltz@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> --- Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxx.xxx.xx.xx> wrote:
>

> > This breaks backward compatibility in the _to_*** call interfaces (why
> > are they exported into my namespace anyway?) so I imagine there might be
> > other opinions.
> >

> The _to_*** methods are exported because they are called by your class within
> AsForm . This is so current values for fields can be retrieved. So if they
> aren't exported AsForm won't work.

Actually its not  so values can be returned for objects. Its so the _to_***
methods can be called by yor model classes , period. Your model classes are the
ones that call these methods within AsForm and if they are not exported, you'll
get a method not found error.

=====
pjs

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com

AsForm and accessor names
Dave Howorth 15:09 on 21 Dec 2004

Re: AsForm and accessor names
Peter Speltz 21:17 on 30 Dec 2004

Re: AsForm and accessor names
Peter Speltz 22:18 on 30 Dec 2004

Re: AsForm and accessor names
Dave Howorth 12:11 on 05 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52