Ima::DBI causes warning using DBI v1.46

From: "toddrw69
Subject: Ima::DBI causes warning using DBI v1.46
Date: 16:54 on 06 Jan 2005
I have some code using Class::DBI subclasses via DBD::CSV. Using DBI v1.42 the following code emits no warnings, but using v1.46 the warning below the code is emmitted:

while ( ... ) { do a loop

  # insert the nws data into the local database
  my $weather = NWS::Weather->create({ ... });

Warning emitted:

prepare_cached(INSERT INTO weather (rain, wind_direction, location, cloud_cover, dew_point, snow, check_time, temp, id, wind_speed)
VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
) statement handle DBIx::ContextualFetch::st=HASH(0x8bdc30c) still Active at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Ima/DBI.pm line 391

The production machine was set up more recently and therefore had a newer version of DBI on it.

I verified that it is indeed the newer version of DBI that somehow causes this warning by running the following commands on the development machine:

[root@waveright weather]# perl -MDBI -e 'print "$DBI::VERSION\n";'
1.42

[root@waveright weather]# perl driver.pl
output as expected

[root@waveright weather]# perl -I/root/.cpan/build/DBI-1.46/blib/lib -I/root/.cpan/build/DBI-1.46/blib/arch -MDBI -e 'print "$DBI::VERSION\n";'
1.46

[root@waveright weather]# perl -I/root/.cpan/build/DBI-1.46/blib/lib -I/root/.cpan/build/DBI-1.46/blib/arch driver.pl
emits warning

Sorry I cant do more. I have downgraded the production server, but I just wanted to let the list know of the issue.

Todd W.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Ima::DBI causes warning using DBI v1.46
"toddrw69 16:54 on 06 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:15 on 16 Jan 2005 by mariachi v0.52