Re: global data .....

From: raptor
Subject: Re: global data .....
Date: 22:19 on 28 Jan 2005
|On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 21:35 +0200, raptor wrote:
|>   my $loader = Class::DBI::Loader->new(
|[...]
|> So that later $loader be accessible from anywhere and more importantly
|> all the Blah::... modules too..
|
|I'm guessing you want to put that in a global, not a lexical ("my")
|variable.
|
|Also, if you do it before the server forks, make sure that you close the
|database connection.  I've posted other information about using
|Class::DBI with mod_perl, which you can find in the archives.

]- thanx will check the arhives. ..
my mstake i tried with "our" too..
U mean closing the connection created by this snippet.. just after I execute it ?
Browsed the code can't see how to access the dbh !! so that i can close it.

If I try to use created classes later, will they open their own connections ?

Now I see I can try to do Loader-stuff in httpd.conf <Perl></Perl>, if I do it will classes
stay for all childrens ? ...going to read :"))

The Apache::DBI is doing well behind the scenes i.e. caching connetions, isn't it ?
or I dont need it 'cause Class::DBI uses Ima::DBI ?

dont feel obligated to answer.
tia

(message missing)

global data .....
raptor 19:35 on 28 Jan 2005

Re: global data .....
Perrin Harkins 20:01 on 28 Jan 2005

Re: global data .....
raptor 22:19 on 28 Jan 2005

Re: global data .....
Perrin Harkins 05:09 on 29 Jan 2005

Re: global data .....
raptor 16:54 on 29 Jan 2005

Re: global data .....
Perrin Harkins 02:57 on 30 Jan 2005

Re: global data .....
raptor 16:34 on 30 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:39 on 05 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52