Re: [Maypole] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12

From: Sam Vilain
Subject: Re: [Maypole] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Date: 03:50 on 31 Jan 2005
Jay Strauss wrote:
>> This being perl, I assume it would do both.  Adding thing to the same
>> package from multiple places is allowed.  You probably would run into
>> trouble if you did anything more than define additional methods in your
>> class, i.e. overwriting things that Class::DBI::Loader did might not
>> work very well.
> That's the way I'd hope it'd work too, but I couldn't find anything
> saying that.

See Class::Tangram::Generator for a completely alien implementation of
the same concept.  In that implementation, I also place code hooks in
@INC and deal with the situations of the .pm file being present, absent
and failing to load.  Such loading is deferred until something either
tries to create a new object of that type, or "use" the package.

Also when using Class::Tangram::Generator, you would have to avoid
doing much other than specifying new methods in the loadable modules.
I think this is as it should be.
        --
        Sam Vilain, sam /\T vilain |><>T net, PGP key ID: 0x05B52F13
(include my PGP key ID in personal replies to avoid spam filtering)

[ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Sebastian Riedel 07:11 on 27 Jan 2005

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Andreas Fromm 09:07 on 27 Jan 2005

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Jay Strauss 14:32 on 27 Jan 2005

Re: [Maypole] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Perrin Harkins 16:20 on 27 Jan 2005

Re: [Maypole] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Sam Vilain 03:50 on 31 Jan 2005

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Class::DBI::Loader 0.12
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa 18:56 on 27 Jan 2005

Generated at 12:39 on 05 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52