using find_or_create in add_to_

From: Dave Howorth
Subject: using find_or_create in add_to_
Date: 15:28 on 03 Feb 2005
In my application, I almost always want to do find_or_create instead of
create. If there's already data in the database that matches the data I
have, I want to refer to it, not create a duplicate record.

So far, I've just been taking care to use find_or_create, and even
overriding create to give me a warning if I forget :)

Now I've come across a case where I want to use add_to_*, like
$obj->add_to_a_related_table({ some => values })

Now C-DBI-R-HasMany::_method_add_to calls create() so that's not what I
want. Has anybody got a neat way of dealing with this situation?

Thanks, Dave

using find_or_create in add_to_
Dave Howorth 15:28 on 03 Feb 2005

Re: using find_or_create in add_to_
Perrin Harkins 17:23 on 03 Feb 2005

Re: using find_or_create in add_to_
Tony Bowden 18:46 on 03 Feb 2005

Generated at 21:05 on 16 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52