calling 'has_a' on foreign key that is also a primary key causes intermittant error.

From: Chris Soanes
Subject: calling 'has_a' on foreign key that is also a primary key causes intermittant error.
Date: 10:35 on 08 Feb 2005
Hi all, I have a problem, for which I have a workaround, but it's not
optimal, so I'm asking you guys for ideas.

I have a database with two tables (amongst others....)

table gateways:
name         text    PRIMARY KEY,
customer_id  integer REFERENCES customer_details,
build_status char(2) NOT NULL.
type         text    REFERENCES gateway_types

table subscriber_gateways:
name             text PRIMARY KEY REFERENCES gateways,
mgcp_domain_name text UNIQUE

when I create the subscriber_gateways class, if I call has_a on the
primary key, it causes intermittant faults when accessing the class
later on, in that, while search and retrieve succeed, calling the
mgcp_domain_name accessor produces the following error:

Can't bind a reference (FENS::BBV::gateways=HASH(0x64b6e4)) at
/opt/perl5.8.6/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm line 51.

I've gotten round it for now by not calling has_a on the foreign key,
but I'm wondering if there's another way?

Chris

calling 'has_a' on foreign key that is also a primary key causes intermittant error.
Chris Soanes 10:35 on 08 Feb 2005

Generated at 10:21 on 11 Feb 2005 by mariachi v0.52