Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate

From: William McKee
Subject: Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Date: 15:40 on 03 Mar 2005
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 03:31:06PM +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Doesn't really seem like an explosion, as such - three other than the ones
> shipped with Class::DBI itself.

OK, so maybe I'm exagerrating a wee bit. Just seems like I've been
seeing references to using relationships or writing custom relationships
quite a bit lately on the list. As I said, I'm not against the idea;
I just don't fully grok how these relate.

All this talk is a sure sign that CDBI is moving in the right direction.
However, we're in that odd space between writing custom sql to handle
table relationships and letting CDBI invisibly manage all our
relationships for us. I'm in the old school trying to learn how to move
into the brave new world.

> I do, however, think the Class::DBI docs should mention that there are other
> relationship modules; I discovered their existence only by accident and I'd
> guess I'm not alone (there must be at least a few other coders this stupid ;)

Agreed. Since you've experience with actually writing one, maybe you
could submit a patch which documents how they integrate with CDBI and
even how to create a custom module. I'd think that may help to begin
clearing up some of the confusion that Charles mentioned in his reply to
the OP.

William

        --
        Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com

(message missing)

How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Matija Grabnar 12:18 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Charles Bailey 14:45 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
William McKee 15:17 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Matt S Trout 15:31 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
William McKee 15:40 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Charles Bailey 16:10 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Perrin Harkins 16:15 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
William McKee 16:50 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Perrin Harkins 17:00 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Charles Bailey 17:29 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Perrin Harkins 19:34 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
William Ross 17:10 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Michael Peters 17:08 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Perrin Harkins 17:12 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Perrin Harkins 19:49 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Carl Johnstone 09:56 on 04 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Frank Carnovale 23:19 on 03 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Frank Carnovale 23:44 on 06 Mar 2005

Re: How to avoid $class->new($value) with inflate
Matt S Trout 17:34 on 03 Mar 2005

Generated at 20:12 on 07 Mar 2005 by mariachi v0.52