Trigger using results from other trigger

From: Peter Speltz
Subject: Trigger using results from other trigger
Date: 18:46 on 03 Apr 2005
In general can you use results (column values set) in one before create trigger
in the next before create trigger?  The manual says : "you cannot specify the
order in which they will run".  Does this mean you can't know the order they
will run?

In specific (specifically),
I have a class, Dialup, with an is_a relationship to IntrntSrvc. The is_a sets
a before create trigger to create the IntrntSrvc object. I want to use the
IntrntSrvc object's id as the id for Dialup.  I couldn't set the is_a on
Dialup's id cause of inflation issues so Dialup just has two columns with same
value.

What's best way to do this?

thanks

pjs

http://mail.yahoo.com

Trigger using results from other trigger
Peter Speltz 18:46 on 03 Apr 2005

Re: Trigger using results from other trigger
Charles Bailey 23:17 on 03 Apr 2005

Re: Trigger using results from other trigger
Peter Speltz 17:41 on 04 Apr 2005

Generated at 14:42 on 11 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52