Class::DBI::Cacheable CACHE_ROOT setting

From: d. Taylor Singletary
Subject: Class::DBI::Cacheable CACHE_ROOT setting
Date: 14:56 on 08 Apr 2005
Hi all,

I've been trying to convince Class::DBI::Cacheable to use a different
directory to store its cache but it isn't listening to me. The
documentation for the module doesn't exactly make it clear how to make
the setting, but here's what I've tried.

package ssr::DBI::Cacheable;
use base 'Class::DBI::Cacheable';
ssr::DBI::Cacheable->connection('dbi:mysql:yyy-nnn', 'xxx', 'xxx');
__PACKAGE__->CACHE_ROOT('/tmp/new_cache_directory');

However, it never uses the /tmp/new_cache_directory. Permissions on the
directory are the same as the default cache directory it is using.

The documentation says:
USE A DIFFERENT CACHE_ROOT FOR EACH APPLICATION

By overriding CACHE_ROOT in the base class used to connect to your
database, you can indicate a separate cache directory for each of your
database connections.  In this way, if you need to perform debugging,
you are changing database contents outside of your framework, or you
simply are not certain if you have some old and tainted data in the
cache, you can remove the entire directory structure to start from a
clean slate.

Any hints on how to sucessfully override that CACHE_ROOT for
Class::DBI::Cacheable?

Thanks,
d. Taylor Singletary,
Reality Technician

Class::DBI::Cacheable CACHE_ROOT setting
d. Taylor Singletary 14:56 on 08 Apr 2005

Re: Class::DBI::Cacheable CACHE_ROOT setting
d. Taylor Singletary 15:08 on 08 Apr 2005

Generated at 12:49 on 16 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52