Re: Order By using related objects

From: Mark Addison
Subject: Re: Order By using related objects
Date: 18:31 on 13 Apr 2005
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 11:15 -0700, d. Taylor Singletary wrote:
<snip>
> my @vendors =
> Conquent::Parser::express::DBI::VendorCat->search(catid=>$catid,
> { order_by=>'vndrid->busname' });
>
> But that doesn't seem to me that it would work. Is it possible to do
> this with the order_by argument? Or should I just sort it after I've
> filled the array?

You won't be able to use the order_by argument as you will need to use a
join or sub-query to do the sort in sql. If you will only be getting a
small list back the easiest thing would be to sort the array.
If you want to do it in the database you will will need to create a
custom sql query with the join to do the sort. See the docs for
set_sql() and friends.

mark
--

This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom addressed.
It may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.

Independent Television News Limited,

Registered No. 548648 England,

VAT Reg. No: GB 756 2995 81,

200 Gray's Inn Road, London WC1X 8XZ,

Telephone: 020 7833 3000.

Order By using related objects
d. Taylor Singletary 18:15 on 13 Apr 2005

Re: Order By using related objects
Mark Addison 18:31 on 13 Apr 2005

Re: Order By using related objects
d. Taylor Singletary 19:23 on 13 Apr 2005

Generated at 12:49 on 16 Apr 2005 by mariachi v0.52