Re: construct + autoupdate(0)

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: construct + autoupdate(0)
Date: 03:22 on 13 May 2005
On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 20:53 -0400, Christopher Laco wrote:
> The docs on construct are a little thin as to what it really does or
> expects. I know it just transforms data into objects without calling
> the db, but what does it expect underneath?

It expects a set of data that corresponds to the class that has been
defined.  Look at the things that call construct() to understand better.

> Does the
> data-turned-object have to already exist in the database

Yes.

> What I need to do is to pass some data to construct() to get the
> desired objects, but I don't want any record to exist in the database
> until I do more futxing and then call update().

You can't currently do that with Class::DBI.  Make another object using
Class::Accessor, and copy it into a Class::DBI object when you want to
save it to the database.

- Perrin

construct + autoupdate(0)
Christopher Laco 00:53 on 13 May 2005