Re: patch for has_a() on primary keys

From: Perrin Harkins
Subject: Re: patch for has_a() on primary keys
Date: 19:58 on 27 May 2005
On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 15:01 -0400, Charles Bailey wrote:
> I think there are a few edge cases that need to be covered.  I've attached
> the patch I posted last year to do this

I'm not really following the reasoning behind most of these changes.
Why did you move the select trigger from _flesh() to get()?  And does
this patch address the problem that mine was aimed at, i.e. calling
create() with scalar values for a primary key column with a has_a() on
it will result in the accessors returning the scalars instead of
objects?

> and I think it "rolls back" deflation in a few failure cases that
> the straightforward patch doesn't cover.

What's the use case for trying to re-inflate objects after a database
exception is thrown?  Is this for dupe key checks?

- Perrin

patch for has_a() on primary keys
Perrin Harkins 18:51 on 27 May 2005

Re: patch for has_a() on primary keys
Charles Bailey 19:01 on 27 May 2005

Re: patch for has_a() on primary keys
Perrin Harkins 19:58 on 27 May 2005

Re: patch for has_a() on primary keys
Charles Bailey 22:16 on 27 May 2005

Generated at 20:11 on 05 Jun 2005 by mariachi v0.52