Re: Class::DBI not returning consistent results through DBD::ODBC

From: Cees Hek
Subject: Re: Class::DBI not returning consistent results through DBD::ODBC
Date: 19:33 on 02 Jun 2005
Since you mention Apache::DBI I am guessing that you are running this
under mod_perl.  If so, have you had a look at this?

http://wiki.class-dbi.com/index.cgi?UsingWithModPerl

Cheers,

Cees

On 6/2/05, Kevin Old <kevinold@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>=20
> I have a problem with Class::DBI not working *consistently* with
> DBD::ODBC and I can't seem to find a solution.
>=20
> First, let me clarify that my DBD::ODBC setup works flawless outside
> of Class::DBI, with or without Apache::DBI, running as a CGI or via
> mod_perl.
>=20
> I'm running Fedora Core 3 with Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) PHP/5.0.2
> mod_throttle/3.1.2 DAV/1.0.3 mod_perl/1.29 mod_ssl/2.8.19
> OpenSSL/0.9.7a.  I'm using Openlink's single-tier driver and have not
> restricted it in any way.
>=20
> I have a CGI script that runs a few queries against my SQL Server
> database and prints the results.  When visiting the script for the
> first time after Apache is started, all queries run successfully and
> the results are printed to the screen.
>=20
> The problem occurs when I hit the refresh button in my browser - page
> refreshes and is blank.  According to the log (below, all of the
> "favicon" lines are the refreshes) no DB connection is tried, no
> queries run.  All subsequent "visits" to this script are the same, no
> data.  There are no errors in a DBI trace or from Apache::DBI (if it's
> enabled) when this happens.  This is not a server/browser caching
> issue, as I've tried it from several different computers with several
> different browsers.
>=20
> If I implement this script without Class::DBI it works flawlessly.
>=20
> I'm not sure where to turn other than to implement my web app without
> Class::DBI (which means I can't use Catalyst :( )
>=20
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>=20
> Thanks,
> Kevin

(message missing)

Re: Class::DBI not returning consistent results through DBD::ODBC
Cees Hek 19:33 on 02 Jun 2005