Re: Lazy population of has_a child records

From: Christopher Laco
Subject: Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
Date: 12:40 on 08 Jun 2005
On 6/8/05, Tony Bowden <tony-cdbitalk@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:36:16PM -0400, Christopher Laco wrote:
> >     while (my $item =3D $items->next) {
> >         my %copy =3D %{$item};
>=20
> Regardless of what the problem is with what you're doing, don't do
> that. This will break even more in later releases.
>=20
> Use the low level accessors to get at the data; don't just assume
> they're stored in the hash of the object like that, as they won't be in
> future.
>=20
> Tony
>=20
Wow, that's a tough one though. That's an easyt or for an item that
has 5 columns, but that really sucks on something like the Order class
where there is a good 40 columns.

But you're right, sticking to the pulic accessors it better.
Thanks,
-=3DChris

Lazy population of has_a child records
Christopher Laco 02:36 on 08 Jun 2005

Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
Perrin Harkins 04:06 on 08 Jun 2005

Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
Peter Speltz 04:10 on 08 Jun 2005

Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
Tony Bowden 08:29 on 08 Jun 2005

Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
Christopher Laco 12:40 on 08 Jun 2005

Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
Christopher Laco 12:52 on 08 Jun 2005

Re: Lazy population of has_a child records
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 16:24 on 08 Jun 2005