Searching case insensitive

From: Wijnand Wiersma
Subject: Searching case insensitive
Date: 21:07 on 10 Jun 2005
Hi list,

Is it possible to do a case insensitive search with cdbi?
I found the
sub search_ilike { shift->_do_search(ILIKE =3D> @_) }
solution, but it does not seem to work for me.

The search I am trying to perform is not a actual like search, could
that be the problem?

The reason: I am setting up a user registration page. The usernames
should be case sensitive when logging in, but I don't want to allow
both Wijnand and wijnand as valid registered users.
So I search if the username is already in the database and raise a error if=
 so.

Regards,
Wijnand

Searching case insensitive