Class::DBI::Sweet (was Re: possible improvement of Live_Objects cache)

From: Andy Grundman
Subject: Class::DBI::Sweet (was Re: possible improvement of Live_Objects cache)
Date: 05:33 on 01 Jul 2005
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 12:44 +0200, Jasper Cramwinckel wrote:
>
>>I have a question about object caching in Class::DBI using %Live_Objects
>>in Class::DBI->_init().
>

> That isn't a cache.  If you want to cache, you have to do that yourself
> in a subclass.

If you're interested in true caching, take a look at Class::DBI::Sweet.
  It's a subclass of CDBI that adds many cool features:

SQL::Abstract-based searching
Pagination with LIMIT/OFFSET
Automatic joins during searches
Prefetch joins of has_a tables (ala ActiveRecord's :include)
Object caching with the cache backend of your choice (FileCache,
Memcached, etc.)
Resultset caching (experimental)

0.02 is on CPAN.  The test suite is currently broken, but 0.03 should be
out shortly.  Feel free to force install it and check it out, though. :)

--
Andy Grundman
andy@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx

possible improvement of Live_Objects cache
Jasper Cramwinckel 10:44 on 27 Jun 2005

Re: possible improvement of Live_Objects cache
Perrin Harkins 04:28 on 01 Jul 2005

Class::DBI::Sweet (was Re: possible improvement of Live_Objects cache)
Andy Grundman 05:33 on 01 Jul 2005

Re: possible improvement of Live_Objects cache
Jasper Cramwinckel 10:08 on 11 Jul 2005

Re: possible improvement of Live_Objects cache
Perrin Harkins 17:39 on 11 Jul 2005