Re: Different accessor names?

From: merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz)
Subject: Re: Different accessor names?
Date: 18:46 on 25 Jul 2005
>>>>> "Kaare" == Kaare Rasmussen <kar@xxxxxxxx.xx> writes:

Kaare> I can't see a way to have different accessor and mutator names,
Kaare> depending on the calling class.

What do you mean "calling class"?

An accessor or mutator is associated with the CDBI-derived class, not
with anyone who uses it.  This is absolutely necessary, if you think
about it.  If I have an object blessed into class Foo::Bar, the
accessor and mutator names are looked up in Foo::Bar (and
parents)... nowhere else.

Perhaps what you want is a class of your own creation that "wraps" a
CDBI-based object that translates the accessors and mutators during a
delagation.  However, none of the ->has_a and ->has_many calls defined
on the base classes will generate your wrapper class, and that's a
good thing.

You're probably solving an unsolvable problem.  Can you back up
a step and say *why* you need to do this?

<merlyn@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>

Different accessor names?
Kaare Rasmussen 18:35 on 25 Jul 2005

Re: Different accessor names?
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 18:46 on 25 Jul 2005

Re: Different accessor names?
Kaare Rasmussen 18:55 on 25 Jul 2005

Re: Different accessor names?
Perrin Harkins 18:58 on 25 Jul 2005

Re: Different accessor names?
merlyn (Randal L. Schwartz) 19:13 on 25 Jul 2005

Re: Different accessor names?
Kaare Rasmussen 19:28 on 25 Jul 2005