Re: [CDBI] Fwd: find_or_create() barfs with constraints

From: Ricardo SIGNES
Subject: Re: [CDBI] Fwd: find_or_create() barfs with constraints
Date: 15:16 on 03 Aug 2005
--===============0876721030==

--U3s59FfKcByyGl+j

* Johnny Morano <jmorano@xxxxxxxx.xxx> [2005-08-03T06:14:40]
> Isn't the primary key supposed always to be unique?
>=20
> [...]
>=20
> Correct me if I'm wrong of course ;-)

You're right, but off-point.  The question was about unique keys that
aren't the primary key, not a primary key that isn't unique.

I might have a Kings of England database with three columns: monarchid,
name, sequence.  monarchid is the primary id and must be unique, and
then I could further specify that (name, sequence) form a unique index,
apart from the primary key.  So, you can't have two Edward the Firsts.

--=20
rjbs

--U3s59FfKcByyGl+j

--U3s59FfKcByyGl+j--

(message missing)

Re: [CDBI] Fwd: find_or_create() barfs with constraints
Ricardo SIGNES 15:16 on 03 Aug 2005

Generated at 09:40 on 09 Aug 2005 by mariachi v0.52