[CDBI] Re: Trouble writing non-character fields

From: Edward J. Sabol
Subject: [CDBI] Re: Trouble writing non-character fields
Date: 23:04 on 08 Aug 2005
> Hi All, I presume this information is somewhere on the old mailing list
> but I can't get to the archives, so I appreciate any guidance whatever
> ... I have Class::DBI working fine (with PostgreSQL) for everything but
> writing non-character values.
>
> If I try to write (for instance) a Date field, I get an error like:
[...]
> Do I need to explicitly do something with 'deflate' for these
> non-character types?

I think you need to tweak the SQL. Take a look at
http://wiki.class-dbi.com/index.cgi?SettingDefaultValues

If you have control over your database schema, another option is to make your
date fields char fields instead of a DBMS-specific date field. Then "deflate"
would work great and your code more portable to other database systems.

Hope this helps,
Ed

[CDBI] Trouble writing non-character fields
Mark McWiggins 21:55 on 08 Aug 2005

[CDBI] Re: Trouble writing non-character fields
Edward J. Sabol 23:04 on 08 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] Re: Trouble writing non-character fields
Mark McWiggins 00:04 on 09 Aug 2005

[CDBI] Re: Trouble writing non-character fields
Edward J. Sabol 00:12 on 09 Aug 2005

Re: [CDBI] Trouble writing non-character fields
William Ross 09:45 on 09 Aug 2005

Generated at 13:17 on 19 Aug 2005 by mariachi v0.52